U.S. patents 8,521,824 B2 and 13/956,115 relates to Geo-Social network, for providing a user customizable interface for event, conference and cohesion management, group member interaction and group member location tracking.
The technology disclosed in the IP provides the following advantages:
• Event and conference management without much subscriber intervention.
• Efficient group member interaction.
• Subscriber location tracking.
• Reduced cost of event and conference management.
• People security.
• User customizable interface for setting subscriber visibility and contact preferences.
• Accidental management.
The increasing worldwide use of location based service (LBS) platforms for various applications such as friend finder, maps, and check-ins are driving the growth of this market. LBS is used for discovering places and routes, tracking, obtaining traffic updates and real-time directions, routes to landmarks, information regarding ongoing local events, finding friends, location-based advertising, location based shopping, location-based social networking, and location-enabled searches. It is also used for location-based entertainment and infotainment.