TransactionsIP LLC is pleased to present the exclusive patents for sale “Consumer Embedded SIMs and Cryptographic Units” which includes U.S. Granted Patents US 10,204,233 B2, US 10,296,752, US continuation applications, and foreign counterparts EP 3374923 A4 & CA 3018526 A1 & HK 19121139.0, assigned to IoT and M2M Technologies, LLC. The IP relates to embedding a cryptographic unit within the module, where the module can use the cryptographic unit to securely derive and record private keys and perform public key infrastructure (PKI) operations.
The technology disclosed provides the following advantages:
- With an eUICC or eSIM as specified by the GSMA standard and related standards, an operator or user can change the credentials used by a UICC operating in a module for connecting with a wireless network remotely and without manually or physically changing a SIM card or UICC.
- The method allows for a deployed module to securely and automatically begin using either (i) new private and public keys (i.e. without human intervention such as swapping out a SIM card), or (ii) new network access credentials such as a new subscriber identity and shared secret key.
- The method allows modules with cryptographic units to securely communicate via widely deployed standards, and supports important draft standards such as the 3GPP “Smart Secure Platform”, which replaces the SIM card.
- The method allows endpoints to verify the identity of the source of packets received and prevents eavesdropping.
- Providing a trusted environment with access to components in the trusted environment with a high level of information entropy or randomness for the generation of keys to secure communications.
Embedded SIM (e-SIM) is a smart device that assists in changing the network operator for a device by updating network access credentials through software updates. The global embedded SIM (e-SIM) market is estimated to grow from USD 1,054.2 million in 2017 to USD 6,867.26 million by 2024, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 30.7% during the forecast period. Factors such as increase in adoption of IOT technology, rise in adoption of connected devices, and favorable government regulations boosting machine-to-machine communications drive the growth of e-SIM market globally.