This Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio includes U.S. Patents 7,386,394; 7,571,051; 8,000,895; 8,036,827; 8,295,644; 9,488,471; and Application 15/345,428 and are assigned to Doubleshot, Inc.. The IP relates to a Global Navigation System (GNS) system to navigate by real world photo imagery that is easier to understand and friendlier than navigating by abstract top down views with icons. The portfolio also includes a patent that provides for a bird’s eye view for monitoring self driving cars and proximity to nearby hazards. The IP was developed for tactical military applications and successfully deployed in theater.
The technology disclosed in the IP portfolio provides the following advantages:
- Navigation by real world images provides a more immediate and better understanding of current situation over top down 2D maps and icons.
- Enables Cell phone and Mobile Navigation Displays.
- Multiple visualization patents and techniques offer novel ways to exploit current and archived camera views.
- Daytime information can be presented at night or during weather with associated visibility limitations.
- Most recent images from multiple vehicles update and maintain a current database map.
- Includes off road walking paths such as mountain trails, parking garages, or shopping malls.
The market for Global navigation system (GNS) is experiencing a significant growth driven by increased demand for accurate navigation technology in various fields including automotive, truck, marine, farming, augmented reality, hiking, off-road travel, and social media across the world.